The 50th episode of Crossing Zebras coincided with arguably the greatest shake up in 0.0 mechanics and meta since Dominion which was rather convenient. Two of the devs who had a lot to do with those changes were CCP Fozzie and CCP Rise so I took the opportunity to sit down with them both with some questions of my own and some from the community at large. Topics touched upon included:
– Phoebe / jump drive changes / impact on 0.0
– Skill queue / clone costs
– Dumbing down Eve?
– New players and developing Eve with them in mind
– CCP Seagull and her role in Eve development
– Rollback on stealth bomber nerf
– Restrictions on CCP devs actually playing Eve
– Plans for the T3 destroyers / hull bonuses / what FW plexes
– Trailers – where are they?
– Collector’s Edition Mystery Code
– Nestor – is it seeing use following the Hyperion buff?
– Warp bunching with supers and caps following Phoebe
– New ships / new ship classes
– Missile tracking modules – where are they?
– T2 logi frigates?
– Pods and how they can be developed following clone changes
– Thera and new WHs – what Thera is, some cool new news about it and how many smaller unnamed variants?
That’s a whole lot to get through and you can listen to it all in under an hour here:
Interview_ CCP Fozzie and CCP Rise _ CZ50.mp3
Tags: bombers, fozzie, jump fatigue, mystery code, nestor, phoebe, rise, seagull, sovereignty, T3 destroyers, Thera, trailers
The good looking, funny, intelligent member of the team, Xander set up Crossing Zebras with Jeg in April 2012 mainly because he was talking too much about Eve on his other podcast. Playing the game for almost five years, Xander still has absolutely zero clue about how to actually play Eve but somehow still manages to talk a good game.