CSM8 Election Interviews: CCP DolanXander Phoena
It seems somehow fitting that (probably) the last person I interview as part of this project is the CCP representative for the CSM, CCP Dolan. While some aspects of the election have went very well, other parts of the process haven’t run so smoothly.
CSM8 Election Interviews_ CCP Dolan.mp3
Dolan sat down to go over some of the key issues from the CSM8 elections including the following questions:
- Why such a short gap between announcing the new election process and voting system and the primary itself?
- Why are we still in a situation where so many of the playerbase don’t know what the CSM is and what do CCP plan on doing about it?
- Are there any fears that the complicated new voting system may cause voting numbers to drop?
- What are the differences between what the CSM does and the public perception of what the CSM does?
- What is the outcome of the ‘false positive’ endorsement situation?
- What do you say to those who believe the primary and the STV voting system favour organised nullsec blocs?
- What is the situation with Fon Revedhort?
- Why does CSM8 have the lowest number of candidates from any CSM in history?
- Has CSM7 done a good job in your eyes?
- What is situation currently with the Dust War Council?
I want to thank Dolan for being frank, open and honest with me during this interview. It was the perfect way to end a long but fun project to try and get as many CSM candidates directly to the Crossing Zebras listeners. I’ll write up a proper retrospective on the project tomorrow but for now I want to thank everyone who has took part in the project – those who were interviewed, those who have listened and those who offered encouragement.